Webinars became hot in 2020. Why? Because keynote speakers and attendees could participate in their tracksuit pants and sheepskin slippers. Webinars are like the ‘mullet’ events of the business world. Except instead of hair that says ‘business up front, party at the back’, webinars allow for presenters to be ‘suited up top, comfy down below’.
From a marketing perspective, it’s virtually impossible to ignore the benefits that a well-executed webinar can bring to your business in a COVID-19 landscape – and beyond.
- You generate leads from registrations and the post-event availability of your webinar recording.
- You have a unique platform to educate your target audience on particular products and services.
- You attract a wider audience than a live event because online events don’t cost your attendees much in time or effort to get there.
- You get a valuable video resource that you can use well beyond the event to generate new leads and create further brand or product awareness.
And as you would with any event or marketing campaign, you need to ask yourself the following:
- Who is my target audience?
- What topic will resonate with them?
- How can I reach my target audience and get them to register?
Then you need to consider:
- What platform do I use?
- What media channels will be the most effective in reaching my target audience?
- How do I manage the content and my speakers on the day?
- What analytics will be available to me?
- How do I reach out to registrants after the event?
All of the above can be a bit daunting. It also adds up in terms of cost. Besides the price of the webinar platform you choose, there are the costs associated with publicizing the event. And what if you spend money on advertising the webinar and it doesn’t reach your target audience?
COG offers webinar packages that include full management of the webinar event, from the hosting, promotion, reporting and analytics to post-event follow up and further lead generation. Because our agency has a direct relationship with Prime Creative Media, we can promote your webinar across the right publications and media channels to ensure you reach your target audience. Our packages are cost-effective and customizable to your needs.
Here’s what our client Nokia said about a webinar COG managed:
We selected COG Advertising, alongside the publication Australian Mining, to host, promote and moderate our “Reinventing mining operations for the post-COVID-19 era” webinar on June 3, 2020. Thanks to the excellent teamwork of the COG Advertising crew, the virtual event was very successful – both in terms of volume of registrations, number of live attendees and interactivity of the session. During the process we felt as “one team” – never like we were operating in a supplier/customer model.”
– Marc Jadoul, Marketing Strategist, Nokia
Watch the above webinar here:
Or directly get in touch with our Key Accounts Manager, David Dodd.